Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Thousands of Products from Distributor Upload Attributes

rvane2828

Total Posts:  13

I list 15,000 products on my website. My distributor give me a simple excel spreadsheet that I run a macro script to adjust the categories, images, and all other column so it can easily upload to my store. But one issue I always have been avoiding is that there are multiple attributes for the same product What I have been doing is normally uploading all the different attributes as a separate product, but this leads to the customer having a hard time locating the correct color or correct size. For example, if I sell a dog crate

Crate comes in multiple sizes
18 inch
23 inch
30 inch
42 inch
Fish filter
100 series 59.99
200 series 79.99
300 series 89.99
etc all different sku number, prices and weights. They have them on the spreadsheet but they are in each of their own rows. Are there any solutions out there for this? I am sure the major chain stores don’t have people listing one product at a time and adding the attributes. There has to be a simpler solution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rvane2828

Total Posts:  13

Would anyone be able to help me with this issue if there is any solution out there?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community