Magento Forum

SSL Homepage Redirect

cozmir

Total Posts:  13

Hey There,
I upgraded from 1.20 to 1.2.2 today and my store flips over to the home page every time I try to navigate to a SSL page. The site worked perfectly in this regard this morning (before the upgrade). I’ve tried the steps with changing the secure base for the different store views etc.

I’m wondering if something could be cached funky? I manually deleted the var/sessions and var/cache plus repeated refreshing/disable re-enabling the cache through the admin panel.

Can anyone shed some light on anything else I could check. I spent all day on this and now I feel sad. Very sad.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

siegeaudio

Total Posts:  3

I’m having precisely the same problem.

I thought it could be a hiccup from upgrading to 1.2.0.2, so I nuked everything and did a fresh install—no dice. Every single time I try to go SSL it redirects back home.

ARGH!

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKENT

Total Posts:  33

Same problem, but, while the problem exists at home,The problem does not occur at my work. I thought maybe it was the computer so I attempted it on all 4 of my computers at home running a multiple of operating systems --- no dice. The only difference between the home and work, is that home is Satellite internet (hughesnet) and work is on Cable. I even took my laptop to work and it works properly. I dont see why this would make any hellabeans unless Satellite internet provider is caching something but clicking a SSL link should still work on all types of internet connections.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gadgetsdirect

Total Posts:  21

I can’t reproduce this error were I am, but paypal are after terminating my merchant account pro because they say when they add a product, it takes them back to the home page. 

I’ve tried from 7 different ISP’s using different browsers, and I cannot reproduce the error.

Please can many people try to see if they can get passed the cart and to the payment options.

http://www.shoppingroom.com/

Message from PayPal

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

We have reviewed the website again and once we proceed with the checkout option (either PayPal or checkout) after selecting one of the items, it automatically brings you back to the main screen:
http://www.shoppingroom.com/ Therefore, we are not able to see that the checkout option is working. We have tried so with several items from your website.

Please let us know once the checkout payment option is correctly working.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Josep
PayPal Enhanced Due Diligence
PayPal, an eBay Company

Magento Community
Magento Community

cozmir

Maybe if someone could provide a set of troubleshooting steps for SSL? It would be a huge step. Like I mentioned I’ve tried messing with the settings for secure and unsecure base about six ways to sunday. I try to clear the cache after every change.

The only luck was one time on my PC in IE7 it pulled up the member account page. Then when I clicked it again… back to home. Suxxxxxx

Magento Community
Magento Community

cozmir

Does anyone have some input on these issues? I really really don’t want to downgrade!

I’m actually questioning if the Cache is truly getting cleared?

Does anyone have 1.2.2 working with SSL?

Magento Community
Magento Community

xrussx

Total Posts:  54

This is a bug that was discovered in 1.8

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4194

Magento Community
Magento Community

cozmir

Thank God! That fixed it. I guess? Not sure of the implications of not having those validations in place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

scjunkies

Total Posts:  55
Houston, Texas, USA

Yep. It fixed it for me also.  However, it seems that this may create a security issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

firela

Total Posts:  1

I’ll post the solution here for those who don’t have/want a Magento account:

This seems to be a firewall/proxy issue.

Disable all but “Validate HTTP_USER_AGENT” under:
System->Configuration->Web->Session Validation Settings

Magento Community
Magento Community

karman

Total Posts:  45

hi
anyone know if this been fixed in 1.3? got same issue now as well

L:

Magento Community
Magento Community

chuender

Total Posts:  54

Is there a fix for 1.4.0.1?  System -> Configuration -> Web -> Session Validation Settings is now System -> Configuration -> Web -> Session Cookie Management.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chinn

Total Posts:  1

PLEASE DO HELP ME!

Here’s the story

For the past year I have been having problems to enter several websites. I have been to yahoo answers many times asking for help and I get the same answer everytime which has not helped OR no one answer making me waste my points.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community