Magento Forum

Can Magento Create Multiple Groups From the Same set of Attributes ? 

Darsh

Total Posts:  71

Ok I really Like Magento And want to convert my website to magento, But I am stuck In a Rut.

I just downloaded the modern theme and was playing with it to see if magento works for me.

I cannot use it unless someone has a solution.

I have a Jewelry Website.

I have attached image as an Example of How it currently displays products on my site.

I was Created the product attributes. (Position,Cut,Shape,Calrity,Color,Setting,Carat weight, Quantity)

As you see in the Image I have them grouped. Accordingly.

So I go into magento and start grouping them (Group One for the First stone - Group 2 For the Second Stone and So On.)
Group 1 (Stone Type, Position, Cut,Shape,Clarity,Color,Setting,Carat Weight,Quantity)

Now When I Go to Setup Group 2
All the Attributes that are create are already Assigined to Group 1.  I cannot Re Use them for group 2.

So Now my question is
How Can I use the same attributes in Different groups, In the same product with different values.

As In MY case both the stones share the same attributes but different values.

--------------------------

The Only Solution I thought was to create unique attributes for each stone Stone 1 Type, Stone 2 Type,Stone 3 Type and So On. But If I do that in My Filter menu I will see same filter with multiple numbers. So that Is Ruled Out.

----------------------------

Eagerly Waiting For A Solution.

Image Attachments
attribute groups.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Darsh

Total Posts:  71

Any One ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

David_Winters

Total Posts:  32
Charlotte, NC

Darsh,

The good news is I am pretty sure you can do this with either a configurable product or with custom options on a simple product.  In fact I am pretty sure that I have done it both ways.  However the bad news is....as you will see from the post I just logged on this same thread, my newly installed system is letting me do what you want but is putting some unusual constraints on the number of variable.  Hopefully Magento will answer my prompt and then we can both be fixed and move forward with this nice product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

David_Winters

Total Posts:  32
Charlotte, NC

Solution found....

See this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/28753/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community