Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
POS system for both online shop and physical store + Magento

mariatrier

Total Posts:  7

Hello,
I have a physical store, but now I have opened up for websale based on Magento – and thus need a system which interact with Magento and control the stocks of both online shop and physical store.

This means that I need a system where I enter the entire inventory (This I do in Magento and for now manually remove stock when items are sold in the physical store) but where inventory is reduced when I:

sell a product online

and / or:

sell a product in the physical store

I am well aware that I need some kind of POS system, barcode scanner etc., but which works with Magento and isn’t extremely expensive?

I look forward soon to hear from you - and hope that such a system is out there somewhere.

Kind regards,
Maria

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Administrator

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

You can achieve this functionality by using Quickbooks POS and this extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mariatrier

Total Posts:  7

THANK you so much!

However, I forgot one very important thing: I am a Mac user – and as far as I can see QuickBooks Point of Sale Pro does not run on other systems than Windows?

I can see that they have a Mac version for their QuickBooks 2009, but unfortunately not for their Point Of Sale.

Any other good ideas?

Kind regards,
Maria

Magento Community
Magento Community

gbinteg

Total Posts:  1

I’ve been taking a look into using the Mac POS Checkout App - http://checkoutapp.com/

As I’ve also been looking for a Mac POS, with an easy to use interface, that integrates with Magento for easy stock updates based on sales in the bricks and mortar store.

The software looks great, my only question is has anyone completed an integration between Checkout App and Magento, I’d like to hear about it success, or limitations, depending on the results.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with thoughts/experience on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

youngilaboungi

Total Posts:  28
Alexandria, Egypt

hey,
I’m currently building my own sync module for Checkout App and Magento...but all my work is goin in the way of “syncing Magento TO Checkout App”...meaning my codes will not be as useful for those who already work on Checkout as for those who work on Magento and just want to add POS like me.

Concept is, sync tax, customers, products, stock and orders.
syncing orders will run the customers sync codes along the process to successfully assign the customer to the synced product with updated shipping addresses.
I already implemented the tax sync, but for me, in Egypt, we have only sales tax of 10%, no tax regions or any other special or compound rates...So I only implemented syncing the tax rate as a tax group in Checkout.

I am currently in the middle of coding the simple products sync. 
The plan is to successfully implement :
-Customers sync/detect changes and update (done)
-Tax rates sync (done)
-Sync orders (partially done-without products or amounts)
-Sku, name, prices, cost, tax assigned for simple products(in progress)
-Sync shipping methods.
-Sync stock to update inventory total costs and ledger
-Use of variations to sync configurable products and their associated simple products
-Create a kind of log of each process/sync done for revising and error handling/fixing situations

I really am not finding hard time coding, and I really encourage people to start working with me on this module because in 10 days I am 30% done of what I need, so this is promising.
I also want to clear out that since I’m not just developing this for the community but first of all solve my work case, then not all features can implemented in this module by me since I don’t have the time, and I don’t have to case to work on.

Maybe we can move this project on to bazaar or other similar project management solutions
Check my project’s blog @
http://magento-checkoutapp.blogspot.com/

Peace

Magento Community
Magento Community

roniehalrone

Total Posts:  3

Quickbook software seems a good solution to your problem.  It is quite easy to use as well as gives you a faster sales, inventory and customer information. Point of Sale rings up sales like a cash register. It stores sales, inventory and customer information for better reporting and decision-making.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kosmos Central

Total Posts:  14

Hi Maria, if you haven’t found a POS system yet you should consider Microsoft RMS Dynamics 2.0.  We’ve got a complete integration with Magento (Matrix item support, tracking numbers, order download, item sales etc) and RMS 2.0 and can showcase a live online demo for you at anytime.

You can find more information on our site here:
http://www.kosmoscentral.com/ecommerce/magento.php

We also have a more condensed marketing packet with the specific item records that are pulled up and down from Magento.  Just contact us and I can send you the PDF.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

Alex
1-888-2Kosmos
Kosmos Central

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Alex, what is the difference between Dynamics RMS and Dynamics POS?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoptoylife

Total Posts:  58

what is the difference between Dynamics RMS and Dynamics POS?

I’m also wondering the same thing.  We started off as a Magento store, looking at opening up a B&M;store next summer.  We already use Quickbooks so I’d like to find the best solution that is also cost-effective.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

@shoptoylife:: We are currently using OpenBravo POS and updating the inventory on a batch basis on the website. It is working good now, it would be a problem if you did not have a lot of inventory (i.e. you had unique items what could be sold on the website and the store) For something like that you want a live inventory feed with Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Icicle

Total Posts:  4

I recently implemented the Maison du Logiciel point of sale extension for Magento on a site that we recently launched - www.dept229.com. The sales reps are using it but I need some improvements to continue using it next year.

Working well:
- Bar code scanner works great for product UPCs. Search is fast.  POS products are setup for POS store view and eShop products are setup for eShop allowing for separate tax classes, prices etc.  We use a merchant terminal to swipe credit cards.

Improvements needed: (priority A,B,C)
-C: “Add product” search screen shows price (incl tax) and we need it to display price (excl tax).
-A: “Product” section needs to allow sales rep to overwrite price (excl tax).  Currently sales rep has to use a calculator to adjust price (incl) tax
-A: Need to allow a sales rep to apply a discount (absolute and percentage) at the item and order level.  Currently, if a sales rep wants to offer 15% off an order then they need to use a calculator to change each individual product price (excl) tax.  Need to allow for a discount code to be entered as well.
-A: The extension needs to be compatible with the Multi-location Inventory extension offered by AITOC.  (http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_multi_location_inventory.html).  The POS store view inventory does not need to be managed but the eShop store view inventory does.  The POS extension causes a critical failure in the AITOC extension (painfully discovered).
-C: New customers created in the POS system need to be setup as global customers (Account Sharing Options in Configuration is set to Global).  Currently, a new customer created in POS does not have access to the eShop. We add new customers on the eShop first, then find them in POS as existing customer!)
-B: Customer addresses entered do not populate the customer table.  State is not offered during address creation.  Our customers come from many states.
-C: We need export order information from the POS sales report based on date range and payment method and including fields such as cost, price, tax, discounts etc (this can be done using other exporting extensions, but would make it more convenient)

Thanks for any feedback, assistance etc that the community can provide!
Rick

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

I use this extension with Aitoc.

Granted I had to make some changes in the code, but all very simple.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Studio57

Total Posts:  5

Any news on this subtject? Really need some good integration between Magento and a Mac friendly app? (CheckOut app etc)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Icicle

AITOC solved a number of issues that I had with my POS and multi-inventory extension in our platform.

Multi-location Inventory extension offered by AITOC
Maison du Logiciel point of sale extension for Magento

We can now handle separate inventory in the physical stores vs on the ecommerce sites.

AITOC did a good job configuring all this for us. This is a thumbs up to that group!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

universala12

I think you got very good answers and you have not need more help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevenhickey

How about Cybertil? It’s a UK solution but pretty sure it can be configured for use internationally

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3