Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Deactivate images products

Romain

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I would like to deactivate images products, I just want text description in category listing and products pages.
Is it possible please ?

Sorry for my bad english
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

herve@wsa

Total Posts:  48
United Kingdom

open the file magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml

<div class="product-image">
            <
a href="<?php echo $_product->getProductUrl() ?>" title="<?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_product->getSmallImageLabel()) ?>">
                <
img src="<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($_product, 'small_image')->resize(135, 135); ?>" width="135" height="135" alt="<?php echo $this->htmlEscape($this->getImageLabel($_product, 'small_image')) ?>" title="<?php echo $this->htmlEscape($this->getImageLabel($_product, 'small_image')) ?>" />
            </
a>
        </
div>

The code above displays the image.

Either remove this bit crudely from the file or use a theme. You will need to read videocast that explains how to setup a theme.

Herve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community