Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create a new order for an existing customer where the payment is made offline? 

rolly

Total Posts:  6
Bristol, UK

Hi,
We have a customer who ordered from us first time round online using our credit card gateway. We do not store credit card numbers in our store. The customer phoned to ask us to charge him for some further products. As we do not hold the customer’s credit card details we will need to use our Payment service providers virtual PDQ terminal to authorize the payment. The payment successfully went through but when I set up a new order for the customer in the admin section of our shop the only payment option I’m offered is the credit card module. Why is it not possible for me to register an offline payment for the order from an existing customer where it is possible to do this in respect of a refund?
Thanks for any ideas, pointers, workarounds.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

herve@wsa

Total Posts:  48
United Kingdom

Hi,

the post below gives you clues on what to do to setup payment methods. I had a play myself and feel the only compromise is to enable an additional payment method in Magento. This way, you will be able to place your order in Magento admin system. However, bear in mind, your new additional payment method will be available from the front store side as well.

The thread below explains to go to admin/Sales/Payment Methods

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/30207/#t98946

Herve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community