Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

HELP Please: Database Connection Error

akuilabat7

Total Posts:  6

Hi, I am stuck at the Installation part of Magento under Configuration. It keeps coming up with a Database Connection Error. Could someone please help me because I am not too sure what I am doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am currently using DreamHost for the first time so I’m not sure if that could be the problem.

Thanks
Akuila

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stevejcoates

Total Posts:  54
Poole, Dorset

Hi there,

You need to make sure you have all your database name, database username, database password, and your host and enter them in the right boxes. If that’s still not working then you probably have the wrong details.

Hope that helps, if not let me know..
-Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

DreamHost im sure will be faster in questions about your database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

akuilabat7

Total Posts:  6

BeetleSteve - 04 July 2012 06:05 AM

Hi there,

You need to make sure you have all your database name, database username, database password, and your host and enter them in the right boxes. If that’s still not working then you probably have the wrong details.

Hope that helps, if not let me know..
-Steve

Thank you Steve for replying to my query. Really appreciate it. Will do that and see what happens. I have this feeling that its something to do with Creating MySQL on DreamHost.

Akuila

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community