Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Receiving message “Can’t retrieve entity config: salesrule/website” on frontend

bfamous

Total Posts:  4

Greetings,
i just finished upgrading my site from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0, and after a full day of fighting with it, i think i’m almost 80% of the way there.
However, now whenever i try to add a product to my cart, i receive the following message at the to of the page and the item does not get added:

Can’t retrieve entity config: salesrule/website

I also receive a similar message pretty much whenever i try to edit a product in the admin:

Can’t retrieve entity config: catalogrule/website

Can anyone tell me where these settings are declared, or what i need to do in order to correct the issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

toddfletcher

Total Posts:  1

BUMP!

I am getting the same error after upgrading to the later 1.7. Any ideas on a solution?!

Getting \\\"Can\\\’t retrieve entity config: salesrule/website\\\” if I try to add an item to the cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

apeshit

Total Posts:  4

Hello-

I too had the same error message

after upgrading to 1.7.0 from 1.5 or 1.6.

I was also having trouble finding and logging into my custom named admin panel, which I finally figured out how to fix after reading this article: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/68743/

After deleting my cache, as it states in that article, I know longer get the

message. So try deleting your cache, which is located in the VAR/CACHE folder.

Thanks and I hope this helps because I know how frustrating it can be trying to find solutions for problems that arise in Magento, especially after upgrading.

Good Luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community