Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

FIx the system configuration! 

Ryan Grow

Total Posts:  21

Maybe it’s just me, but why is it that system configuration flushes cache after saving, nothing else does? I haven’t seen flush cache when adding a new design, saving a product or creating page. So why does it flush when system configuration saves. Is it because it reads some of it’s settings from the cache?  I have noticed that if I update a setting in the database directly and then load the system configuration page it contains some of the old settings. Why would you do that? Why would Magento think that it’s a good Idea to take persistent settings (database) store them in volatile (cache) and then save them back into the the database from the cache, if you make a change. This is a huge cludge that is just laying in wait to corrupt a website or store’s settings. Bad move Magento, this is something that should be fixed ASAP, not just because of the inconsistency of the cache saves but because someone’s Magento website or store view settings are going to get broken.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community