Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Home page pager and category missing. 1.7

Joe999

Total Posts:  3

I’m new to this platform, but I have spent hours looking for a fix and couldn’t find anything easy.

I uploaded my catalogue fine, and so have I created a few categories, however on the home page there is no category selection option (and yes they are all enabled, and have items in them) and also on the bottom there is no option to go to the next page of items .

I’m not best in codes, i was wondering if there is a setting that I might have missed, or just a line i need to copy to the layout, or anything like this.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

robpean

Total Posts:  2

Did you create categories correct, It must sub of Root categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joe999

Total Posts:  3

robpean - 29 June 2012 01:32 AM

Did you create categories correct, It must sub of Root categories.

Thanks for your reply. As you said this was part of the problem, now categories are being displayed, however all items from the main page disappeared now, not sure what caused that, all I did was dragging the categories to the main 1.

Here is the xml code from the home page Content:
{{block type="catalog/product_list" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage" category_id="2" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

And this is the Layout Update XML:
<reference name="content">
<block type="catalog/product_list" name="featured" template="catalog/product/list.phtml">
<action method="setCategoryId"><category_id>[2]</category_id></action>
</block>
</reference>

Is there anything obvious from the above what can coze the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

micail

Total Posts:  1

I use the code above, but block of list product does not display category. Widget works very well on Home page. I can’t find solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community