Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Alternate use of wishlist for frequently ordered items

978bobs

Total Posts:  44

I have a B2B site and most customers order one or two skus on a repeat basis.  Rather than repeat a previous order it would be great to re-use the wishlist feature. 

Use case:  User logs in.  At homepage they see their “Priority Buys” or “Frequently Ordered Products” list (meaning wishlist).  The user then adds one of the SKUs to shopping cart and adjusts quantity and proceeds to checkout.

Required Changes:  Ability to rename the “wishlist” label to be anything the Admin wants such as “Priority Buys”.  Also need to allow Admin to configure wishlist by selecting either “Remove SKU from wishlist upon Add to Shopping Cart” or “Do Not Remove SKU from wishlist upon Add to Shopping Cart”.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mendrel

Total Posts:  23

It would be better to implement your own code based on the wishlist functionality and modify it as you need rather than try and modify the wishlist as needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jldavid79

Total Posts:  11

Someone needs to do this.  I am looking for exactly the same thing!!! 
I would pay of an extension like this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

skidoo

Total Posts:  14

MightyJD - 08 August 2009 08:24 AM

Someone needs to do this.  I am looking for exactly the same thing!!! 
I would pay of an extension like this!

i need something identical and just ordered this customized module to a freelance magento coder.  it shall be ready by the end of august. if you’re still interested PM me, i think i’ll sell it for 49 dollars as it cost me already 300 dollars to get it coded.

it will do exactly what you say, as i needed this for a client with an online grocery store and he wanted an “express list” for his customer where they can visit the next time and also in order to not forget anything.

Additionaly, we’re trying to have it look a bit like this: http://bit.ly/2kOuLM meaning with a numeric stepper and quantities on each row and a bulk add-to-cart button for all products where qty > 0

i’ll keep you posted as this requires core modification of magento, and a simple extension is not possible, even though we’re trying to achieve it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

acquirk

Total Posts:  6

Has this been made yet? Definitely interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skidoo

Total Posts:  14

still working on it

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Looks like the Favorite Products implements requested feature.
Let me know if you want to add some features in the extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community