Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

google shopping killed backend

mtbmonkey

Total Posts:  28

Google shopping (GS) has stopped me logging into the backend, deleted GS from app/etc/modules and can now log in,

Removed GS with connect and reinstalled, can’t log in again,

repeated a few times same results, here is the error, any help please.

a:5:{i:0;s:214:"Invalid method Mage_AdminNotification_Model_Inbox::addMajor(Array
(
[0] => Google Shopping operation has expired.
[1] => One or more google shopping synchronization operations failed because of timeout.
)
)";i:1;s:1900:"#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Observer.php(116): Varien_Object->__call(’addMajor’, Array)
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Observer.php(116): Mage_AdminNotification_Model_Inbox->addMajor(’Google Shopping...’, ‘One or more goo...’)
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1299): Mage_GoogleShopping_Model_Observer->checkSynchronizationOperations(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1280): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_GoogleShopping_Model_Observer), ‘checkSynchroniz...’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/Mage.php(416): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(509): Mage::dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(152): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(409): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#8 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#9 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(347): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#12 /home/xxxx/public_html/cart/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#13 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:34:"/cart/index.php/xxxx/dashboard/”;s:11:"script_name”;s:15:"/cart/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:5:"admin";}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JustinNocturnal

Total Posts:  10

I have the same problem except deleting google from my app/etc/modules folder doesn’t do anything. Were you able to find a fix for yourself?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mtbmonkey

No fix yet, try manually deleting the cache, really need one though

Magento Community
Magento Community

JustinNocturnal

Total Posts:  10

What file did you delete from app/etc/module? Is it just the one .xml file? I did that and deleted the cache in var/cache and also emptied var/session but no change. Still can’t log into the admincp.

-Justin

Magento Community
Magento Community

mtbmonkey

Yes just the xml one

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpburton

Total Posts:  1

The problem’s caused by using the 1.7 version of the GoogleShopping API extension with a version of Magento pre 1.7.

The method Mage_AdminNotification_Model_Inbox::addMajor was added in Magento 1.7, so running this extension in 1.6 or before will lead to the error.

From the stack trace:

)";i:1;s:1900:"#0 /home/test/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Observer.php(116): Varien_Object->__call(’addMajor’, Array) 
#1 /home/test/public_html/cart/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Observer.php(116): Mage_AdminNotification_Model_Inbox->addMajor(’Google Shopping...’, â€˜One or more goo...’)

I looked in app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Observer.php and found the call to Mage_AdminNotification_Model_Inbox->addMajor..., the following for context:

public function checkSynchronizationOperations(Varien_Event_Observer $observer)

{
        $flag 
Mage::getSingleton('googleshopping/flag')->loadSelf();
        if (
$flag->isExpired()) {
            Mage
::getModel('adminnotification/inbox')->addMajor(

Mage::helper('googleshopping')->__('Google Shopping operation has expired.'),

Mage::helper('googleshopping')->__('One or more google shopping synchronization operations failed because of timeout.')
            );

$flag->unlock();

}

return $this;

}

The bit that’s causing the problem is just the notificaiton of the error messages. We don’t need that right now, since we know it’s a problem (!!) So comment that out, and everything will work fine:

if ($flag->isExpired()) {

/* Mage::getModel('adminnotification/inbox')->addMajor(
                Mage::helper('googleshopping')->__('Google Shopping operation has expired.'),
                Mage::helper('googleshopping')->__('One or more google shopping synchronization operations failed because of timeout.')
            );*/

$flag->unlock();

}
Then, remove the extension cleanly, and go to the Release Notes section of the Google Content API for Shopping extension page, and get the correct version of the extension for your version of Magento.

As a relative newbie, I found the Magento Connect page a bit misleading, in that the “Install” button had “Compatible: 1.6, 1.7” next to it, but in reality, using that button led to these problems!

Jeremy

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmywang

Great! Great! Thank you, jpburton!

Magento Community
Magento Community

snorrr

Total Posts:  22

At the moment I’ve got the same problem/ error message. I have comment out the code in app/code/core/Mage/GoogleShopping/Model/Observer.php and also delete Mage_GoogleShopping.xml. But the error message is still holding me from login to the backend.

What can I do? Or how can I remove the extension cleanly. Hope somebody is reading this and know what I’m doing wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vozop

Total Posts:  3

Google Shopping operation has expired.  And I add Available Products into Google Content Items, it keep showing that \\\"“Google Shopping synchronization process is running” with a rotating loading icon on the submit button.

Pls help, this has been for few days.  Pls help me out of this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paulvantuyl

Total Posts:  30
Arizona

@snorrr and @vozop

Once I updated the file/changes that @jpburton brought up previously, I needed to disable the compiler and clear the compiler cache before I was able to log back in to the admin area. Here are the instructions I used for disabling via SSH: http://kb.magenting.com/content/24/81/en/disable-magento-compiler.html

There are other ways to manually disable the compiler via FTP, you can find them through Google. You may also need to clear all cache files in the /var directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xtreme Outdoors

Total Posts:  4
United Kingdom

@jpburton - Thanks very much for posting the details of this fix. We were in a real predicament with this particular issue (i.e. could not process orders via backend due to lack of access), but we made the changes detailed in your post and thanks to your help we are now back up and running! Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

victorwilliam

Thank you so much, jpburton!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community