Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

prototype show/hide

kmHelms

Total Posts:  227

Hey, I’m trying to add a rollover effect to the ‘my cart’ link in the header. I actually have it working, but I just wanted to see if anybody knows if it’s a good idea to do it this way or not. I’m not familiar with Prototype and couldn’t find as many resources for it compared to jquery. I know I can do all that stuff to make jquery work with it too, but I don’t really want to for one little show/hide. All I want is a preview of what’s in your cart to appear when you hover over the ‘my cart’ link.

<a id="cartLink" href="#" onmouseover="$('top-cart').show();"
onmouseout="$('top-cart').hide();">TEST</a>

I think on one of the prototype resource sites I did find, I may have read this is deprecated, but like I said, it works, and I don’t know the correct way if that’s true.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Magento also come with scriiptaculous, so check out what you can do here

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community