Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Restrict RSS page to logged in customers

joeymad

Total Posts:  10

I recently installed Sitewards B2B Professional that hides product prices from guests on my wholesale site. I am also using RSS feeds to populate automated monthly newsletters which pull from the Special Products feed. The Special Products feed shows prices - and this is good for my newsletters, however I do not want guests on my wholesale site to be able to access my Special Products feed. Disabling it in Magento will only cause my automated newsletters to fail. Is there a way to simply block the listing of RSS feeds for people that are not logged in? I highly doubt somebody will be able to guess my RSS feed without having a direct link to it. Thank you in advance for any help in this matter.

Magento 1.7.0 CE

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joeymad

Total Posts:  10

Anybody have any solutions? I’d even be cool with completely hiding the RSS Feed link from the bottom of the page for both logged in and guest customers. Nothing too fancy needed.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community