Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Run PayPal when base currency is not PayPal supported

orgonise

Total Posts:  22

Question to the real experts here: I am physically located in South Africa. South African Rand are not yet supported by PayPal. Until Magento version 1.4, I was able to bridge the problem by using extension IW PayPal enhanced. It allowed me to have ZAR as my base currency but transact via PayPal in USD, EUR and other supported currencies. This is important because my credit card merchant account only works in ZAR. Before I upgrade any further (from 1.5.x to 1.7.x) I need to know if this can be done with latest PayPal interface.
Unfortunately IW have not upgraded their “PayPal enhanced” module beyond Magento 1.4 despite numerous promises to the contrary. Anyone out there happy t write such an extension? It can’t be so difficult and I’m sure there are other merchants living in countries with PayPal unsupported currencies.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magecoders

Total Posts:  42

Hi,

This extension will help you to set different currency in Paypal

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/paypal-multi-currency-6143.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community