Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrading Magento CE from v1.4.2.0 to v1.7.0.0 takes forever

Rakesh Alhan

Total Posts:  13

Hi All,
I had developed application based on magento CE v1.2.1.2; then upgraded that using old database with new code of magento CE v1.4.2.0, and upgraded successfully after facing few of hurdles (referring problem while migrating the magento code from version1.2 to version1.4 with old database).

Now I need to migrate the same application to magento CE v1.7.0.0. By following the same steps, I have mentioned in blog http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/229763/, I’m facing one problem each and every time. Installation process (with new magento code and old database) takes forever (attached screen shot).

After a long while, it give me error on Mozilla browser “The page isn’t redirecting properly: Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete”.

Then I checked all the log files, but I didn’t find anything wrong there, but in mysql.log, I found the following entries there:

Version: ‘5.5.24-log’ socket: ‘’ port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
120626 14:07:30 InnoDB: Error: in ALTER TABLE `magento_code1700db1420_db`.`sales_flat_order_item`
InnoDB: has or is referenced in foreign key constraints
InnoDB: which are not compatible with the new table definition.
120626 14:07:30 [Warning] Invalid (old?) table or database name ‘#sql-15e0_1f’
120626 14:07:30 InnoDB: Error: table `magento_code1700db1420_db`.`sales_flat_order_item` does not exist in the InnoDB internal
InnoDB: data dictionary though MySQL is trying to drop it.
InnoDB: Have you copied the .frm file of the table to the
InnoDB: MySQL database directory from another database?
InnoDB: You can look for further help from
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html
120626 14:07:30 InnoDB: Error: in ALTER TABLE `magento_code1700db1420_db`.`sales_flat_order_item`
InnoDB: has or is referenced in foreign key constraints
InnoDB: which are not compatible with the new table definition.
120626 14:07:30 [Warning] Invalid (old?) table or database name ‘#sql2-15e0-1f’

My development environment is:
WAMPSERVER 2.2 (Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.4.3, MySQL 5.5.24)

Anyone knows how to come out of this and upgrade magento to 1.7 ?
Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Rakesh Alhan

Image Attachments
magentoUpgradationTakesForever.pngThePageIsnotRedirectingProperly.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community