Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install from production to local

mrhysdavies

Total Posts:  8

Hello,

I’m currently trying to create a local version of the Magento store that I have recently taken over management of, in order to trial and develop locally before setting live. I’m running into a number of problems with this. The version is Enterprise 1.10.

The way that I’d usually do this would be to: login via FTP and download all the templates to a local directory, go into phpMyAdmin and take a full export of the database, create a database locally and import the SQL data, and generally - with a few config changes such as base_url - would be up and running.

As this store has been up and running for a good few months, and with no access to phpMyAdmin I can only take a full backup through the Magento backend, therefore the database is coming in quite large at ~3GB+. This then produces problems when trying to install the DB as regardless of over-riding all the PHP functions that limit filesize and the like, it always times out around about the same table - sales_flat_order_payment.

Any ideas or suggestions would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you.
Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrhysdavies

Total Posts:  8

In case anyone comes across this with the same issue; it was a case of the DB dump being too large for MySQL to handle without timing out.

I found a free application - SQL Dump Splitter - that will allow you to break out into smaller files that the server can cope with. It will split the contents into table structure & data.

Install the structure first, and then for each of the value files created prepend with this code:

SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT;
SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS;
SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION;
SET NAMES utf8;
SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0;
SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE=\\\’NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO\\\’;
SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0;

And at the end of the file add in this script:

SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE;
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS;
SET UNIQUE_CHECKS=@OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS;
SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT;
SET CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS;
SET COLLATION_CONNECTION=@OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION;
SET SQL_NOTES=@OLD_SQL_NOTES;

Then upload through phpMyAdmin / CMD as normal.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community