Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

magento-check all green - botched install .. what to do ? 

jmano

Total Posts:  4

hello,

i need to try out Magento on my server before buying the enterprise license.

I used the magento-check.php and everything was ok

i tried the downloader .. didn’t work ... it started out ok but then just hung without completing or giving an error

so i uploaded the latest release 1.7.0.1 via ftp and followed the install instructions here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/magento_installation_guide

i input my database connection detail in the wizard and hit ok and get:

Error in file"xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/sql/salesrule_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.0-1.6.0.1.php" SQLSTATE[42000]Syntax error or access violation1067 Invalid default value for 'period'

Trace:
#0 xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '1.6.0.0', '1.6.0.3')
#2 xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('1.6.0.0', '1.6.0.3')
#3 xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 xxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 xxx/magento/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 xxx/magento/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}

uploading via ftp takes a lot of time so i’d really like to know how to get this up and running

thx for any help with this ...

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community