Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
PHP Extensions “0” must be loaded , while installing magento-1.7.0.1.tar.bz2

afinnarn

Total Posts:  1

I just tried the workaround mentioned above for Magento 1.7.0.2:

<extensions>
  <
pdo_mysql>1</pdo_mysql
</
extensions>

and it worked. If you get a “database connection error” code, make sure the databse you are trying to connect to exists. Once I created a MySQL database and linked to it on that screen, it worked fine. The username and password relate to connecting to that databse and not to creating a user account, like I had originally thought.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

letmovedev

Total Posts:  10

Work well for me in Ubuntu 13.04. Thanks guy

Magento Community
Magento Community

ByScripts

Same problem here.

After spending minutes to try to make it works, I decided to install Prestashop, which is working fine.

Don\’t want to modify a core file to make the installation works (actually I did it to be sure… but I\’m not \"ok\" with this kind of method)

Nice shot Magento… not being able to solve such a problem after 1 year… don\’t sure you deserve my trust…

What will happens if my shop encouter another bug ... which will not be solved before years ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moullablad

its juste about the version of PHP used by apache i am using mac with mamp software i changeged the version of php from preferences of mamp i used 5.2 and all is working fine its not related with pdo or anything because the error is zero so i don’t know why some peoples said pdo and all friends has not fixed the issue, its ok now just change the version of php to 5.2 an all will work perfectly.

Brahim Moullablad
http://www.moullablad.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

my3d

Total Posts:  2

I had the same problem and I was using PHP 5.4 and went back to PHP 5.3 and didn’t get the same error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

prabath321

Total Posts:  3

<extensions>
    <
pdo_mysql>1</pdo_mysql>
</
extensions>

work for me ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

weboyjack

Wow! It works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CGI TW

Total Posts:  3
Hannover - Bemerode

Hi everybody,

there is also an open PHP bug: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=62639
But as I see the it hasn’t high priority for now and the bug is already long time open.

Greetings smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

shane12345

Total Posts:  4

adding the “1” in the Xml file worked for me. Why the hell is this still an issue? I remember dealing with this a way long time ago.

Magento Community
Magento Community

svenvarkel

Tallinn, Estonia

The bug is still there in PHP 5.5 also. All Magento developers/maintainers could go to https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=62639 and vote for this bug to get fixed faster. Really annoying.

There’s also a workaround to that but it depends on your workflow.

When you’re using workflow with BitBucket/GitHub and a skeleton Magento then you can fix it in your skeleton and it would get propagated to your new Magento deployments.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evilronin

This code correction didn’t work for me at first and was very frustrating. Then I saw on this guy’s blog Theneum. He posted this code correction in the 70th line, which again, didn’t really work for me. But he added after doing this correction not to go back to localhost:8888, go to instead 127.0.0.1:8888/magento/ this worked for me. Theneum’s explanation was that “something to do with no periods in the domain”. So I hope this helps some people who are still getting this dreaded PHP Extension error during install. Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2