Magento Forum

Magento 1.7 dataflow import extra empty rows

Annabelle

Total Posts:  9

Hi, we have recently upgraded from Magento community 1.42 to 1.7. We found that strangely on our local dev server which is running on windows7, when we import product in dataflow profile, Magento will recognize the correct number of rows first but then start to import over hundreds of non-existing empty records which takes a lot of time! For example, I just imported an xml file with 2 records. It will say found 2 rows, and then start to “process x% y/244 records” Don’t understand where the 244 records come from! Our production server on unix seems fine.

Anyone has run into similar situation? Any help will be appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

daroco3

Total Posts:  1

This could probably be due to line endings, windows machines use CR+LF, and most unix machines use just LF.  Try to convert the file to Unix line endings, and that should take care of the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

anggs

Total Posts:  2

Get the insights needed to know why an extension works, how one piece of code affects other code and how Magento leverages MVC, Zend Framework and Object-oriented programming in this course from Magento U. In just one week, we’ll turn you into a Magento Master and you will be more valuable than ever to your company and your clients.

Even if you are currently a Magento “expert” you will leave our course with significantly more advanced Magento skills and a fresh outlook on how to approach Magento development.

Register now.

follow me on twitter.com/monocat

I BEST,LOVE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gerdvp

Total Posts:  8

It seems the dataflow profiles function isn’t supported anymore.
When I upgraded to magento 1.6.1 I had problems with the dataflow profiles import function.  I was working on a local XAMPP server, the import kept running until I got a timeout.  It then said 0 records imported, but nevertheless the import seemed to be successful. (it’s not exactly the same environment or problem you encounter , but it could have the same origin).
I installed the import extension from Capacity web solutions Import_Products_categories__multiple_images_and_custom_options version 1.1.2 (http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community/Import_Products_categories__multiple_images_and_custom_options ) and the dataflow profiles import function worked again without errors.
Maybe it’s worth a try installing this if you want to keep using dataflow profiles.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThomasB78

Total Posts:  13

I had exactly the same thing a few weeks ago. One guy told me that it is better to convert a file format into CSV in this situation. But it didn’t help. I don’t know...Try to do that. Maybe it will be useful.
I have found one extension here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/file2cart-magento-product-import-9633.html . It is the only thing that saved me. It is fully automated. So I didn’t face any problems. You can also try it if the file converting won’t help. This service also supports import from csv,xml,txt,excel. So you don’t need to convert your files if you decide to use this extension.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community