Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.7 Upgrade - Onepage Checkout Fine Except on Final Checkout: No Option to Finish

westerfunk

Total Posts:  5

I can add a product to my cart, go to check out, run through the process on the onepage checkout. It gets all my information and then upon the final step there is no option to finish the transaction. What am I missing here?

Image Attachments
nocompletion.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

westerfunk

Total Posts:  5

Resolved:

Replaced

/app/design/frontend/default/[YOUR TEMPLATE]/layout/checkout.xml (make sure and backup the file first!)

with the newer version of the file from:

/app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/checkout.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roeltje

Total Posts:  19
Waalwijk, Netherlands

If the checkout.xml file in your custom theme’s folder hasn’t got any modifications, you can just delete it. Then it will always take the one from the base/default/layout folder.

That’s why custom theme’s should only put files that are customised in their folder…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbjbif

Total Posts:  28

Thank you so much for this one. Have been fighting for days. It works. YES YES YES.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community