Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Internal server error after installing mage_all_latest

pirondi

Total Posts:  4

Hi i was having trouble to install a plugin having the error “Unable to unpack” so i followed a suggestion that i saw on the forum to install “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” that this would fix the problem.

But now my site is offline,when i try to enter it shows “Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.........”

My magento version is 1.4.1.1,what can i do to fix this problem ?

On attachments there is the screen of the files that got installed.

What i need to do ?

Image Attachments
pqs.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

Unfortunately, wherever on the forum you found that advice, it’s really bad advice.

What you have effectively done is upgrade your magento to the latest version (1.7.0) and that is never a smooth process.

I’m assuming you don’t have a backup of the database or files, and that means you’re in a very difficult situation.

The database will not run with 1.4.1.1 as it will have been upgraded to 1.7.0 (at least in part) and given the error you are seeing it has not successfully updated, so 1.7.0 will not run with it either.

There’s no easy way to say this but you need to look at your backups.  If you don’t have any, you’re going to be down for a while.  A professional recovery would be to put a copy of your db into 1.7, fix the upgrade path in developer mode, and once upgraded put it and 1.7 live.  Of course there’s also the problem that your theme and/or plugins may not be compatible and therefore you will need to fix any issues there as well.

There is no going back from an upgrade though, so you’re stuck with upgrading now you’ve started.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community