Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Website is not functioning properly in Google Chrome

Rene86

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

At this moment I am building my first webshop in magento. In the front end of my webshop there’s a problem with the related products. The show up in Internet Explorer and Mozilla but they do not in Google Chrome. Since Google Chrome is the most used browser among the visitors of my website, i would be really pleased if anyone of you can tell me how to solve this problem.

The url of my website is http://supplementendeal.nl

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

something is causing the grid boxes to have huge widths which is why you can’t see the products in chrome

try adding the width attribute in this section

<li class="item odd jcarousel-item jcarousel-item-horizontal jcarousel-item-1 jcarousel-item-1-horizontal" style="float: left; list-style: none; " jcarouselindex="1">

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rene86

Now I have another problem, where can I find the text I have to change? I can inspect the element with Mozilla Firebug, but I can\’t find in what file I have to make the changes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

probably in template\catalog\product\list\upsell.phtml or template\catalog\product\list\related.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rene86

furnitureforyoultd - 21 June 2012 03:01 AM

probably in template\catalog\product\list\upsell.phtml or template\catalog\product\list\related.phtml

I’ve tried to solve the problem with this method but nothing happened. I’ve added the code in the file, but still in Google Chrome the related products don’t work. In IE and MF it still works.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rene86

At this moment I am able to find the specific file and the lines that control the slider. The thing is that I can find a specific part in which the width or the number of products allowed are mentioned. I guess I have to add some text here to restrict the width. Can you tell me what text that is?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community