Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Does Not Exist - Bulk Product Image Upload Error

worldofcharms

Total Posts:  2

Hello all,

I have been reading feverishly to find an answer to this and still have come up with nothing.

I have a clean install of Magento 1.7 and I am able to import my products without any problem. My troubles are with the images. Has anyone figured out how to import images into a fresh install using the Dataflow or any other means? I keep returning that the “image does not exist” when i use the dataflow.

Here is my process…

1. Create folder ‘/$magentoroot/media/import’
2. Upload images of products in .jpg format
3. Create a Dataflow as per http://www.meteorify.com/2012/05/importing-product-images-csv-magento-1-7-0-0/
4. Create a CSV file. For example here is one line — “16055”,"/media/import/10655.jpg"
5. Save CSV file as UTF-8
5. Upload the CSV and run the data flow.

This renders a “Image does not exist” error. Are there specific permission that I need on that folder? How does this dataflow create the folders that are necessary for the backend to recognize? I notice magento creates folders based on the first two characters of the image file name. Is there a manual way of doing this?

HELP Please!!

Thanks =]

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Has anyone figured out how to import images into a fresh install using the Dataflow or any other means?

I can offer you to import images with the following tool:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

It allows to import images even if you have only image name in your file. Simply run import Wizard, enable import images option, specify in the default path section the URL to your supplier (if images are there) or any local folder with images and run import. For such import you may have imagename.jpg in your file only.
After import the tool will create image path and upload all images according to Magento requirements (like i/m/imagename.jpg).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dirty1Harry

Total Posts:  4

Usually it happens when you images are not saved in the right way. But i see that you did everything in the right way.
Try to save your images in the other .png format.
Also you have to make sure that your import file has a prepending slash for the image. So it has to look like this - ( /image.png)
Also check out the info from this topic - http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewthread/224928/P0/
When i had “image does not exist” error i was really scared smile
The only thing that saved me was File2Cart. Probably it will help you. Check out the website - www.file2cart.com

Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community