(This is cross-posted from Technical Issues, as I’m not sure which forum it should be in, apologies if this incorrect.)
I’m in the process of upgrading a Magento 1.3 site to 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11.
There were a number of issues with the upgrade but I eventually got it working (the SSH upgrade fails due to different database migration problems for both 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124), the upgrade process I’m following:
Fresh 126.96.36.199 install pointed at 1.3 database. Run install process. Fresh 188.8.131.52 install pointed at 184.108.40.206 database. (I’ve also tried skipping this step and going directly from 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168 with the same result.) Run install process. Fresh 22.214.171.124 install pointed at 126.96.36.199 database. Run install process.
This results in a correctly upgraded site with all media and operations working, except for theme changing. On both 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 switching the theme doesn’t change it from the default theme.
I’ve also tried installing a fresh copy of 220.127.116.11, switching the theme (this works) then deleting local.xml, pointing the database at 18.104.22.168, upgrading and switching the theme again. No luck.
The values I’m using in Configuration/General/Design are:
As specified in the documentation for the theme.
* I’ve disabled all caches, flushed them all and run rm -rf var/cache/* after every attempt.
* I’ve tried it logged in and not.
* On all Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer on three computers.
* Two separate connections to the internet with different ISPs.
* The theme applies correctly on a newly installed version of 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
* The theme is owned by the correct user, with the correct user permissions.
* I’ve also edited the content of the home page, which is reflected on the site.
EDIT: This issue seems to have been experienced by a number of people before, as mentioned in this thread, however a solution was never posted.