Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Table Rate Import Not Working

Paradox75

Total Posts:  5

Hello there,

New on the forum. Great great product. I’m working on upgrading from CRE Loaded.

I did a search on the site but couldn’t find an answer to my problem. I have read the knowledgebase article and tried to import table rates however it is not importing anything in the table. Here is the CSV file I’m using”

http://boramusic.com/tablerates.csv

Hoping for some help.

Thanks,
Bora

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Paradox75

Still no luck on this.

After installing ver. 0.7.15480 today (with the table rates bug fix) the import button is completely gone now from Shipping Methods. Is there another place to import the CSV files now?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Hi,

Table rates are uploadable per Website scope only.
In System > Configuration, in left top corner choose the Website you want to upload table rates, then go to Shipping Methods tab, there you should see the upload input.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paradox75

It worked. Thank you Moshe! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamieconnor

Total Posts:  11
Auckland, New Zealand

I still can’t get the table rates to import. Can someone please post what the data looks like in the shipping_tablerate table so that I can add the data manually.
Cheers.
here is my table rate data
Country Region/State Zip/Postal Code Order Subtotal (and above) Shipping Price
USA * * 0 10
Australia * * 0 5

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewsimpson

Total Posts:  3

Hey Jamieconnor,

It took me a while to figure this out, but saving right out of Excel and importing wasn’t working for me. I needed to open the file in a text editor and save it with LF line endings instead of CR or CRLF.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfinch

Total Posts:  11

Hope I’m not hijacking the thread but I am having a problem importing the CSV file with UK as a country and with UK regions. My configuration is set to UK but when I upload the csv file I get the error: “Notice: Undefined index: UK”

How can I get this working with the UK?

Magento Community
Magento Community

quanza

Total Posts:  97
Tokyo, Japan

andrewsimpson - 25 November 2008 05:21 PM

Hey Jamieconnor,

It took me a while to figure this out, but saving right out of Excel and importing wasn’t working for me. I needed to open the file in a text editor and save it with LF line endings instead of CR or CRLF.

THANK YOU!  I don’t know *how* you figured that one out, but indeed, the imported csv file must end with LF *only*.

Despite all the hard work the Magento team does, it’s these little things that really piss off users ... you’d think they’d at least fix such simple little things ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

quanza

Total Posts:  97
Tokyo, Japan

jfinch - 05 December 2008 02:59 AM

Hope I’m not hijacking the thread but I am having a problem importing the CSV file with UK as a country and with UK regions. My configuration is set to UK but when I upload the csv file I get the error: “Notice: Undefined index: UK”

How can I get this working with the UK?

you need to use the 3-letter code, so for the United Kingdom that would be GBR.

Here’s a full list: http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/ctycodes.htm

Magento Community
Magento Community

ldicicco

Total Posts:  3

quanza - 27 January 2009 12:39 AM

andrewsimpson - 25 November 2008 05:21 PM
Hey Jamieconnor,

THANK YOU!  I don’t know *how* you figured that one out, but indeed, the imported csv file must end with LF *only*.

Despite all the hard work the Magento team does, it’s these little things that really piss off users ... you’d think they’d at least fix such simple little things ...

I have no idea what you mean by saving it with LF line endings....I use a table rate based on price only for the US.  On the front end i get the error Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time.

I have searched the forums and absolutely cannot find a solution.  Very frustrated, this is something that should work with no problems.  Help please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amin Amini

Total Posts:  67
Sweden, Stockholm

ldicicco - 09 February 2009 06:44 AM

I have no idea what you mean by saving it with LF line endings....I use a table rate based on price only for the US.  On the front end i get the error Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time.

Hi ldicicco,

Linux and Windows differ in the way they indicate the end of line in text files. Linux uses LF (line feed) while Windows uses CR LF (carrage return followed by line feed). Because Magento works in a Linux environment, you have to make sure that all the lines in a table rate shipping file (tablerates.csv) end with LF. Now, usually LF isn’t a character that is visible, but if you use a competent text editor you can make it show this type of invisible characters. I suggest that you download the free text editor Notepad++, open tablerates.csv using Notepad++ and edit the file. Just to be on the safe side, make Notepad++ display invisible characters by going to View > Show End of Line.

Also, CSV files are very format sensitive so make sure that each and every line is correct. A typical tablerates.csv, where condition is set to Weight vs Destination, might look like this:

“Country”,"Region/State","Zip/Postal Code","Weight (and above)","Shipping Price”
SWE,*,*,10000.0000,299.0000
SWE,*,*,4000.0000,199.0000
SWE,*,*,2000.0000,149.0000

Note how country is specified by a 3-letter code and that values are separated by comma (however, values do not need to be enclosed in quotation marks. So “SWE”,"*”,"*”,"10000.0000”,"299.0000" is not necessary). Furthermore, Magento will automatically add decimals where possible.

Finally, don’t forget to actually enable Table Rates as a shipping method, and remember that you can only modify table rates when selecting a web site from the Current Configuration Scope drop-down menu at the top left when on the Shipping Methods page.

Regards,
Amin Amini

Magento Community
Magento Community

James Ball

Total Posts:  46

Hi

i have also been having problems with the table rates the magento user guide is very unhelpfull if you need to define complex shipping options. ( and as for creating mutiple shipping option..... man! ill deal with that headach once i can get the first one to work.)

i have uploaded my .csv file and made sure the line ends are LF i uploaded the file in the main website configeration scope and magento says quite happily that the configeration has been saved. but when i try to get a shipping quote on the cart page as i click “get a quote” nothing happens, i tried using a flat rate and the quote is displayed fine.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

James Ball

Magento Community
Magento Community

SetuBridgeDev

Total Posts:  50

Hi,

Table rates are uploadable per Website scope only.
In System > Configuration, in left top corner choose the Website you want to upload table rates, then go to Shipping Methods tab, there you should see the upload input.

This method doesnt work for me . i cant find any input to upload csv for table rate . can u tell me some other way to input the table rate directly into the database table.is there any alternative for table rate setup .its urgent for me to setup this.
please help me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonitobleroni

Total Posts:  40

James Ball - 27 February 2009 08:03 AM

Hi

i have also been having problems with the table rates the magento user guide is very unhelpfull if you need to define complex shipping options. ( and as for creating mutiple shipping option..... man! ill deal with that headach once i can get the first one to work.)

i have uploaded my .csv file and made sure the line ends are LF i uploaded the file in the main website configeration scope and magento says quite happily that the configeration has been saved. but when i try to get a shipping quote on the cart page as i click “get a quote” nothing happens, i tried using a flat rate and the quote is displayed fine.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

James Ball

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I know how it should work, but it doesn’t. Also, if I upload the filled in tablerates.csv file, I get the success message, but as soon as I export the file directly after, it is empty again....
Please help, there must be somebody who can? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonitobleroni

Total Posts:  40

Ok, I found this wiki: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/manually_creating_shipping_table_rates
Via MySQL all worked fine, hope it will solve your problem too!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajitray

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the help..worked for me.

A.Ray
Custom Magento design and development

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community