Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3.2.1 to 1.7 Compatability

bigr3d89

Total Posts:  9

Hi all,

First off, thank you for taking time to read this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

So, I have looked for a while now and can’t quite find the answer I am looking for so that is why I am posting now smile (Apologies if this has been covered before)

I want to update Magento 1.3.2.1 CE to 1.7CE. I have found that all extensions are compatible as well as my themes. However, in terms of a smooth transition is there anything I need to know?

Can I jump from 1.3.2.1 to 1.7 without issue? Or must I incrementally update e.g. 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 -> 1.6 -> 1.7

If so what is the best versions to incrementally update through too?

Again, I really appreciate the help. I am still very new to all of this and understand very little in regards to how it all works (but I am trying to learn!!!)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chelsea Coates

Total Posts:  10

I’m in the exact same boat, I would like to upgrade from version 1.3.2.2 to the latest stable build.  Any help would be appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

bigr3d89 - 13 June 2012 05:02 PM

Can I jump from 1.3.2.1 to 1.7 without issue? Or must I incrementally update e.g. 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 -> 1.6 -> 1.7

From v1.3 to v1.7 is a huge jump. Nobody can guarantee smooth transition/upgrade from an earlier version to the current. The best option is to upgrade your store on a test server. Doing that, will give you an idea whether you will have problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigr3d89

Thanks. I have started work on the new site with a fresh install. Now trying to copy all 2611 products over. The import/export wizard seems to be no help. From what I can gather it is due to different layout of the csv data. 

Are there any alternatives to this? Such as a plugin in or different method? Or am I doomed to manually transfer all the data across?

Thanks again for the help smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigr3d89

Chelsea Coates - 19 June 2012 01:54 PM

I’m in the exact same boat, I would like to upgrade from version 1.3.2.2 to the latest stable build.  Any help would be appreciated!

Chelsea,

I have been playing around with upgrading to 1.7.0.1 from 1.3 and found a reasonably simple way of getting around it. Warning though, I am very new to Magento so my methods may be pretty terrible and possibly tedious, but I found it worked without too much effort or knowledge on what I was really doing smile

The best way I found to do this was create a dev site, fresh install Magento, copy your themes, static pages, etc across.

However, my biggest issue was centred around importing the products into 1.7. from 1.3. Since the export tool in 1.3 gives different titles to the columns and also different attributes to the data compared to 1.7 I had to find a way around this to import the data properly. The difference between the versions in the database is that 1.3 stores categories as ID numbers, whilst 1.7 stores the actual path name as a string; so you can see the conflict.

I was told that the Magento database repair tool would fix this up, but I didn’t have much luck with it (but it could just be me). So instead I used a program called Store Manager Pro created by MagneticOne. You can get a 14 day free trial so you dont have to pay the $600 or so they are asking for it.

-So, export your products from 1.3
-Install Store Manager Pro and configure settings (the wizard walks you through it pretty easily)
-Open the import/export wizard and follow the prompts
You will see a table comparison page in the wizard, use this to link what database columns match 1.7
-Start Upload
-Once its finished all your categories will be numbes, but you can change this in the store manager as well and only takes a few minutes to do.
-On the 1.3 installation. Find the product image files and copy them to the same directory of the dev site.
-Migrate your dev site to the new site.

Also, always remember to back everything up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKarlsson

Total Posts:  10

Hi,

try to use cart2cart it migrates from one Magento to another quite simple. Here is their page http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

johanqnms

Total Posts:  4

Greetings,

I need to upgrade 1.3 Magento to 1.7.

I tried upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4 first but our site show me an error:

There has been an error processing your request
Error in file
"/home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.19-1.4.0.0.20.php" SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1005 Can't create table './optimetr_magento/catalog_product_index_tier_price.frm' (errno: 150)

Trace:
#0 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(374): Mage::exception('
Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(273): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('
upgrade', '1.4.0.0.19', '1.4.0.0.21')
#2 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(217): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('
1.4.0.0.19', '1.4.0.0.21')
#3 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(153): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/optimetr/public_html/new/index.php(78): Mage::run('', '
store')
#8 {main}

Error log record number: 1055691289240

Do you know how i can fix it?

Thanks for your help.
Please comment if you can upgrade 1.3 to 1.7 without problem please.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johanqnms

bigr3d89 - 28 June 2012 04:20 PM

Chelsea,

I have been playing around with upgrading to 1.7.0.1 from 1.3 and found a reasonably simple way of getting around it. Warning though, I am very new to Magento so my methods may be pretty terrible and possibly tedious, but I found it worked without too much effort or knowledge on what I was really doing smile

The best way I found to do this was create a dev site, fresh install Magento, copy your themes, static pages, etc across.

However, my biggest issue was centred around importing the products into 1.7. from 1.3. Since the export tool in 1.3 gives different titles to the columns and also different attributes to the data compared to 1.7 I had to find a way around this to import the data properly. The difference between the versions in the database is that 1.3 stores categories as ID numbers, whilst 1.7 stores the actual path name as a string; so you can see the conflict.

I was told that the Magento database repair tool would fix this up, but I didn’t have much luck with it (but it could just be me). So instead I used a program called Store Manager Pro created by MagneticOne. You can get a 14 day free trial so you dont have to pay the $600 or so they are asking for it.

-Install Store Manager Pro and configure settings (the wizard walks you through it pretty easily)
You will see a table comparison page in the wizard, use this to link what database columns match 1.7
-Start Upload
-Once its finished all your categories will be numbes, but you can change this in the store manager as well and only takes a few minutes to do.
-On the 1.3 installation. Find the product image files and copy them to the same directory of the dev site.

Also, always remember to back everything up.

Wow !! I’m going to try that !

Magento it’s very complicated : S I’l let you know what happend with my upgrade.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

johanqnms

bigr3d89 - 28 June 2012 04:20 PM

-Start Upload

Hello again,

I which part do you IMPORT your products to your dev site?

When do you say “Star Upload” means import to 1.7 magento???

Thanks for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community

johanqnms

Doesn’t work.

eMagic Store Pro demo for 14 days, you only import / export 10 PRODUCTS…

: S

#fail

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

eMagic Store Pro demo for 14 days, you only import / export 10 PRODUCTS…

I guess you understand something incorrectly. Trial Store Manager for Magento (developed by eMagicOne) is limited to 14 days, but it is fully-functional.
Demo version is not limited in time, but using it it is possible to manage up to 10 items.
To experience full functionality of the software, download trial version - http://www.mag-manager.com/free-download

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community