Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
SSL for dummies (ie: me)

Luthier

Total Posts:  9

So I don’t know if this fixed the issue or what, but I had a bookmark for the admin login that was unsecure.  So I forced the https admin login and everything punched in fine.

EDIT:

So I thought it was ok as it DID log me in, but as soon as I move around the backend to anything other than the dashboard it kicks me back out to the login page.

EDIT #2:

So I logged back into the backend, and so long as I am accessing a secure page it will continue.  Wjhen it tries to move to a different part of the backend without being secure is when it kicks me out.  I’ve navigated to the system -> Config -> Web (by copying link locations and manually entering the ‘s’ after http ) and am trying to turn on secure backend to see if this fixes the problem but I cannot execute the setting as that processes over the unsecure. 

I think this would solve the issue, but I’m not totally sure.  Is there some way to turn on SSL in the backend without using the web interface, or someway I can execute the “save config” without it pushing me back through unsecure and thus to the login screen?

Edit #3:

I went into my database into:

“core_config_data

and in line 509 changed: ‘web/secure/use_in_admindata’ changed the value from 0 to 1.

This indeed changed the setting in my web section, but it is still not automatically changing to secure in the backend.

Edit #4:

Rookie mistake.  I hadn’t cleared the cache.  Of course I couldn’t do that through the backend so I went to ye ol FTP and deleted everything from my var/cache folder.  Logged back and Viola!  everything seems to be in order....

for now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

The only time that happens to me is when I have the cookie domain set wrong (where I mentioned that earlier there was no trailing slash on the cookie domain path, make sure that’s so in your DB too and that it starts with the period).

I’m really glad I’ve been able to help.  We’ve all had issues when starting out on Magento so we all know how infuriating it can be at times.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2