Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Possible to buy EE witout support? 

chaosinmind

Total Posts:  14

I would like to know if I can get the EE without support, and reduce the hefty price of the product to something more reasonable for a startup.

Guys, I know CE is free so please no “But ya culd get tha CE for free and get addons and stuff”.  I’m simply wondering if my small company could get the EE without support.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

Bear in mind, you don’t get ‘support’ - you get a SLA’ed product. They won’t provide you with free support for your store, only with resolving core code faults.

But it begs the question, why do you want EE then? Architecturally, it is the same as CE - with a few bundled extensions.

If you don’t need an SLA and don’t need the added features, you don’t really need EE.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community