Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mage::throwException(’Ung??ltiger Blo…’) after upgrade to 1.7.0

Magento_cyber

Total Posts:  4

Hi!

After upgrade to 1.7.0 we have following error in exception file.
We didn´t find the reason of this message.

Any suggestions or ideas there we have to search for?

#0 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(495): Mage::throwException('Ungültiger Block')
#1 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_getBlockInstance('', Array)
#2 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(472): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock('', 'product.info.up...')
#3 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(239): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock('', 'product.info.up...')
#4 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(210): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(344): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#7 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(73): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(144): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->initProductLayout(Object(AW_Sarp_Model_Catalog_Product), Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController))
#9 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(132): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->prepareAndRender(449, Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController), Object(Varien_Object))
#10 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#11 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#12 /kunde/shop/app/code/community/ArtsOnIT/OfflineMaintenance/Controller/Router/Standard.php(46): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): ArtsOnIT_OfflineMaintenance_Controller_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#14 /kunde/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#15 /kunde/shop/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#16 /kunde/shop/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#17 {main}

Thanks!
MB

---
Update @2012-06-12: we have now no generated base images for new products.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fabstr

Total Posts:  24

any news here?

i have the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

Creepin

Total Posts:  28

I had the same problem. And for me it was causing FACT Finder which is installed with MRG. Disabling FactFinder does not work and deinstalling is not possible, so I changed The factFinder xml in etc/modules to factfinder xml.off. Now the error does not occur anymore. I just did not need the FactFinder Module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Have you turned off the extension? It seems the problems are in a layout for the extension itself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Creepin

Total Posts:  28

I turned it off by renaming the module xml to xml.off or something different. So the xml cannot be loaded. Disabling in Admin section did not solve the issue and deinstalling was also not possible cause of connection between MRG and FactFinder. I think it has something to do with the layout.xml of the module yes.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community