Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Expired Google Content items

mikasa2

Total Posts:  6

How does one update expired google content products in magento?  After 30 days the products expire, but the only two options in magento are sychronize or delete, neither one updated expired items.  I am at a loss.  I do not use a “data feed” but rather view available products in magento, then “submit to google content” Help please!  Using 1.7

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

mikasa2 - 11 June 2012 05:52 AM

How does one update expired google content products in magento?  After 30 days the products expire, but the only two options in magento are sychronize or delete, neither one updated expired items.  I am at a loss.  I do not use a “data feed” but rather view available products in magento, then “submit to google content” Help please!  Using 1.7

What version are you using for the Magento Google Content Extension?

I believe synchronize works on the latest version, however I don’t see any harm in first deleting all the products when they expire and re-upload.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/images/uploads/GoogleContentExtension.pdf

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikasa2

Total Posts:  6

Thanks for the reply, using content api 1.6.  It seems it take a while to delete products and looks like that will have to be the way to do it, but I would believe there should be an easier way

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

mikasa2 - 11 June 2012 06:36 AM

Thanks for the reply, using content api 1.6.  It seems it take a while to delete products and looks like that will have to be the way to do it, but I would believe there should be an easier way

API is slower then a CSV so this will be why. If I have to delete a bunch, I would delete them on Google, then hit synchronize. That would seem to be quicker.

Current version is 1.7.0.0 -> http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-content-api-for-shopping.html

Also remember, Google Content (the free version) is going away later this summer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NMediaSystems

Total Posts:  56
London

On top of core Google Shopping extension for Magento, we’ve developed improved version which automates product management related routines.

With Improved Google Shopping for Magento extension, all product management is done automatically in background (cron job) nightly or weekly. All you need to do is to install and configure our extension, the rest will be done automatically.

More information at http://www.nmediasystems.com/services/magento-ecommerce-software/extensions/improved-google-shopping-for-magento.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community