Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Template and Upgrading Information

ryanb4614

Total Posts:  8

Hello. I am new to Magento and working on moving my store over once I get it customized. My question is if anyone has ever used a template website and if there are technical issues when installing these templates. The template I am looking at is on monstertemplate.com it says it has to be used on 1.6 plateform. I contacted them and asked if it would be stable for 1.7 version of magento. They wanted $699 to install it to 1.7… Is there any template out there that would not cause an issue for magento to be upgraded with the template being used…

When there is an upgrade what does the average user do? Do you just upgrade OR do you have to alter your store and switch things around to make the upgrade work OR do you just keep it on the version you have and don\\\\\\\’t upgrade???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community