Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Hosting, feedback and advice please

Bargain2Express

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I don’t exactly know where to place this post, hopefully this would fall into the technical issues category.

Onto my problem, Currently I am setting up my magento website and deciding which hosting service I should go with. I have a few requirements since I would like to integrate my eBay Store with Magento using the M2E Pro extension.

At the moment I am looking at a lvl 3 VPS from Hostgator.

I’ve used shared hosting with hostgator before and the M2E Pro extension would not run because the basic requirements of M2E Pro were not met.

Does anyone have first hand experience with Hostgator VPS + Magento + M2E Pro ? Will I encounter the same problem as I did on the shared hosting plan, with M2E Pro unable to work? Are there better alternatives to what I currently want ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Bargain2Express - 08 June 2012 08:00 AM

Hi,

I don’t exactly know where to place this post, hopefully this would fall into the technical issues category.

Onto my problem, Currently I am setting up my magento website and deciding which hosting service I should go with. I have a few requirements since I would like to integrate my eBay Store with Magento using the M2E Pro extension.

At the moment I am looking at a lvl 3 VPS from Hostgator.

I’ve used shared hosting with hostgator before and the M2E Pro extension would not run because the basic requirements of M2E Pro were not met.

Does anyone have first hand experience with Hostgator VPS + Magento + M2E Pro ? Will I encounter the same problem as I did on the shared hosting plan, with M2E Pro unable to work? Are there better alternatives to what I currently want ?

I would advise to stay away from VPS and from Hostgator. I’ve already migrated two sites away from there. It really isn’t enough ram

I would suggest getting a plan with a magento optimized host. You can compare some from this site: http://www.magespeedtest.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

try
server4you.net
www.hetzner.de/en/

if you need something heavy , go straight to amazon. cheaper and solid base anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bargain2Express

Total Posts:  5

I figured I should update for any of those who end up in my situation.

I’ve decided to go with a VPS in particular one from MageMojo
Even though it is a VPS, I think I’ll be all right for a couple of months and I like the fact that they use an SSD to host my files.

and M2E pro works fine on server, just needed to contact support to increase the max_execution_time from 300 to 360.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jakson0100

Total Posts:  8

I would like to my experience i have vps with http://vpswebserver.com and i am very happy with their service and support . if you have decided to go wit vps then i would recommend you to go with them i hope you also would find them reliable in every aspect .

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community