Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Table Rates for UK Shipping by Postcode

robbo23

Total Posts:  81

I’ve managed to set up the table rates to charge different rates for different countries (based on weight) but I’m struggling to get it to recognise postcodes within the UK.

For example I want to charge one set of rates for the UK mainland but different rates for Guernsey, Jersey etc.

In my CSV file I have

GBR * * 2 5 (anything over 2Kg is £5 anywhere in the UK)
GBR * * 4 10 (anything over 4Kg is £10 anywhere in the UK)

This works fine.

But then I want to add a new line to recognise Guernsey post codes which start with GY, so I put:

GBR * GY 2 10 (anything over 2Kg to Guernsey is £10). This doesn’t work.

I have also tried variations on the post code such as GY*, GY* ***, GY1, GY1 *** etc etc but I can only get it to work if I enter the full post code for an address, e.g GY1 3BT. I’ve also tried entering a region code (Guernsey, GUERNSEY or GY) but that doesn’t work either.

I’m using v1.2.0.1 - am I doing something wrong or is Magento not set up to work properly with UK post codes yet?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Itchy

Total Posts:  26
UK

Hi,

Also looking for an answer on this… Certain areas (zones) of the UK incur a higher delivery rate via courier… If we can add the first 2 parts of a postcode like BT* (for Northern Ireland) then any postcode that matches the first part, thereof should then be charged the appropriate rate… shouldn’t it?

rolleyes

Magento Community
Magento Community

robbo23

Total Posts:  81

Hi Itchy,

I found an answer in the UK forum. Someone has kindly created a module that fixes this. See http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/604/auctionmaid-matrixrate

It works fine for BT, JE, GY etc - just waiting to find out if it can handle Scottish Highland post codes as well, e.g where the post code needs to be more specific than just the first 2 letters.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community