Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to Re-upgrade database with updated info before going live? 

SouthernSpring

Total Posts:  10

I am working on upgrading to 1.7 from 1.6.2.0 on a development server, I am almost finished with the configuration, testing, and some changes I was making to the theme at the same time. But now the copy of my database is several days old, new orders have come in, etc. I can easily create a new dump of the live site and import it into the 1.7 installation before I go live, but will magento automatically upgrade it, how does this work?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

SouthernSpring - 07 June 2012 07:45 AM

I am working on upgrading to 1.7 from 1.6.2.0 on a development server, I am almost finished with the configuration, testing, and some changes I was making to the theme at the same time. But now the copy of my database is several days old, new orders have come in, etc. I can easily create a new dump of the live site and import it into the 1.7 installation before I go live, but will magento automatically upgrade it, how does this work?

How much editing did you do to the database? If it was simply just changing around some static blocks and CMS pages, I would just copy and paste those to the production db.

When you do the move (make sure to turn off the site first) you push up the code (i’m assuming you use version control), clear the cache, then go to your website which will cause the upgrade scripts to run.

Remember to backup.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community