Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

to magento or not to magento….. 

deekline

Total Posts:  2

So I just installed magento today and am attempting to modify to my needs. I’ve worked with other CMS’s with templating and blocking systems but this one has me baffled. I’ve spent about 2 hours actually digging into the backend and most of the rest of the day reading through some documentation and tutorials but and still severely confused. The seemingly simple task of changing the homepage has me stumped. I guess my question is, do you guys think its possible to get my desired result using magento?

I’m attempting to develop a fairly simple e-commerce section for a new site design for the company i’m working at. I probably won’t use 80% of the features since there will only be 3 main products for sale with several optional add-ons for each.

Please take a look at what I’m trying to go for and let me know if you think it’s reasonably possible in magento.

http://www.beta.kulabyte.com

I’m using expression engine to manage most of the site and decided to give magento a try for the e-commerce bit. I need to skin magento to blend seemlessly in with the rest of my design. 

Also, you may want to look at my pathetic start for a good laugh or two....

http://www.beta.kulabyte.com/store

Also, Also, is it possible to simply pass an order from EE to the Magento backend to avoid using any magento templating & whatnot?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dmitry A Nikolaev

Total Posts:  22
Saint-Petersburg

Magento code is very strict. If you want to understand inner things (ever Magento core) You need to know about MVC, OOP, Design Patterns, e.t.c.
What we have ? If you don’t wont spent some time to understand Magento’s paradigm you need to use smth else, more simple.
If you want to own power of reusable code, spend 1-2 weeks to understand all Magento infrastructure.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community