Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

after import, products show up in the backend. But not in the frontend

shilpashr

Total Posts:  36

Hi, i’m using magento 1.6.1.0. During products import the products get imported successfull. I see then in the backend. But they do not show up in the frontend. They show up only when i manually open the product, goto categories and check “root catalog” and save it. Not getting what is the issue. I’m I missing out something? I will have over 5000 products in my store. With this issue i cant be able to open each product and save. Somebody please please help me out with this.. Looking forward for a relpy.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marnslee

Total Posts:  35
SE QLD AUSTRALIA

have you added all the products to the website? actions/update attributes....

Magento Community
Magento Community

shilpashr

No. I just tried to import one product to test, using the export file as the template. I have installed sample data 1.6.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

shilpashr

I fixed it myself. When i did re-indexing in index management the products showed up. Anyway thanks marslee smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

FViking

Total Posts:  4

Yeap, cache cleaning and reindexing sometimes help to resolve this problem.
For erindex you need to:
- Go to System=> Index management=> Select all
- Choose Submit

For cache cleaning you need to:
- Go to System=> Cache management=> Select all and Submit
- Click Flush Magento cache
Also I have found an extension that makes everything smoothly and quickly. No problems with images and products.
Check out the info here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi, indeed when a large number of goods or attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog.
Asynchronous Re-indexing is a solution of this problem. When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend. This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community