Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[solved] 1.7 Upgraded using diff files.. odd issue with URL rewrites

milali

Total Posts:  26

Hi,

I have upgraded to 1.7 Magento from 1.6.2 using the diff file patch available. I did not have any changed code just 2 extensions:

fontis australia
ajax cart

(I cleared the var cache etc also btw) I followed the steps from the instructions…

When I upgraded I noticed navigation was not working. it was trying to navigate to products they were showing up as their URL rewrite urls but the server was saying object not found… error!

So if I then DISABLED web server rewrites it works! the navigation to the URL rewritten places works.

I am quite confused by this and curious as to just how this could work. (I regenerated indexes to see if it renmade all the urls and it did, I even dropped them from the table to see if it would and with web server rewrites disabled (no) it still works…

I am at a loss ideas as to why it works when unticked? Or more to the point why the objects fail to find their nav points when it is enabled!

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

milali

Total Posts:  26

oh btw, this was solved by making sure allowoverrides was on for the domain

/sigh such a simple fix :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community