Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product save takes too long

lapparts

Total Posts:  14

When i save a product which is linked to more than 1000 model names, its saving times takes more than 100 sec. Hereby the server of the hoster aborts the task because its maximum execution time is 99 sec. Because it is a shared server they cannot increase the execution time.
Has somebody met this problem before and more important can tell a solution for this?

Best regards.
Gerwin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hadifarnoud

Total Posts:  210
Guildford, Surrey, UK

how many products you have?

also, how much RAM you got on server?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mindstretch
Guru

Total Posts:  398
Enschede

This is a well familiar Magento bug. The fix though is pretty easy. Just google around and you’ll find it. Saving products should take less then 2 seconds, even with a db containing 50.000 products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

muhsin

@Mindstretch

You might be right, last time I came across this was 1.5.x where Magento process all price index which is true if you have lots of products it becomes a major performance penalty {there are couple bug report with suggestions like disengage the price index or something}.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lapparts

Ok Mindstretch but can you tell me easily how i can solute this?

Because i think it is not so easy.

Thanks for helping!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community