Magento Forum

Grouped product must equal a certain quantity

francoza

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,

I wonder if you guys can help. I’m trying to make a grouped product, but I require that the sub products add up to a specific amount.
For example:

Let’s say I sell Wines. They come in packs of 6, but I’d like the customer to choose which wines to include in the pack. Is there a way of doing this ? The problem is making sure the customer’s election adds up to 6.

This site is very similar to what I’m after: http://www.talloverde.com/productos/tallobox/configurar/103/chico
(Sell a box of 10 fruits/vegs, customer chooses what to include in the box).

I considered using a bundled product, but if there are say 50 wine labels, I need to create 6 sub sections with 50 products each and it gets very messy. (Thats what I like about grouped product, displays all and you choose the quantity).

Any ideas ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gciwebmaster

Total Posts:  1

I too am interested in this option as well.  I have 25 T-Shirt colors sized XL.  25 T-Shirt colors sized L, 25 @ M & 25 at S.

I want the customer to be able to only order a maximum of 12 T-shirts at a time.  These t-shirts can be various qty for each color and size, just cannot go over qty 12 in the cart at checkout.  If they choose to go less, I only charge them a per unit fee.

However, my store also contains shorts and hats.  When they max out at the various colors and sizes 12 T-shirts, I still want them to be able to purchase any given number of hats or shorts at the same checkout.

Hopefully someone can assist due to client imposed deadlines.

Magento work-around options or module suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MKI_italy

Total Posts:  3

Does anyone find a way to add a minimum quantity to products within a grouped or bundle product?
I’m loosing my hope ... smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

The only way I could see you guys doing this right now is as a bundled product.  For example with the wine box, you would create a bundled product and add 6 options (similar to wine slots in your case), each option would include every type of wine that could be included in that option(slot).  Then the user could select the type of wine they want for each option(slot).  Make sure for each option, you set the qty ‘user defined’ to ‘no’ and set it to 1.  That way the total amount of bottles selected has to equal 6, or however many options you configure.  Make sense?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MKI_italy

Total Posts:  3

It makes sense, but there is no way to set a minimum quantity to the products within the bundle product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SHOPmages

Total Posts:  113
Poland

Hi. Consider creating promosets with grouped products - similar to Your bundles will give You such an effect Grouped Product Promoset

best regards
Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amber Hanson

Total Posts:  1

We have custom configurable grouped product pages with custom functionality including:
*Multiple simple or configurable items per page
*Option to set default option for configurable items
*Option to set default qty for items
*Option to lock qty for any item (unable to change default qty)
*Optional min qty per item

See an example here: http://www.alphacard.com/fargo-dtc1000-id-card-system

We use this extension with some front end template customizations: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/grouped-options-configurable-grouped-products.html

The developer was great, and even did some updates to the extension based on our feedback & requests.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community