Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is this possible? 

wood

Total Posts:  9

HI all just checking out magento, currently installing a test version and i would like to know if it is possible to do something like this http://www.clickblinds.co.uk/store/sample/415 so users can input the dimensions required and get a price for that size.
thanks in advance,
spika.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wood

Total Posts:  9

anyone have any idea if this is possible.. i haven’t used magento enough to know if this is a possibility or not.

please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Everything is possible. With customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Moshe means that it’s not a standard feature and a little work may be required to get the desired functionality.

Of course, Magento is not a be-all end-all solution, it just tries to cover the most popular/useful features that appeal to a wide audience. Anything more would be considered bloat, imho. Now, one thing I do like about modularity is how mootools setup their download, whereas you select only the modules/functionality you need, but it’d be difficult to do that with a large ecom app like this.

As an aside, I’ve created some confusing quotes based on Moshe’s with hopes that they will entertain a chuckle out of you. :D

“You cannot achieve the impossible if you only focus on what’s possible and ignore what’s not improbably impossible.”

“If you customize not, you will not have customized, but if you have not customized not, you will have not not customized.”

“Nothing is not impossible without customization, but nothing is impossible without not not customizing, so don’t not customize!”

“Heeeyaw!”

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community