Magento Forum

Cache Problem and Problem with Infinite loop in 1.2.0.1

fupper

Total Posts:  33

I thought the problem of infinite loop is solved in 1.1.5 ?
If you visit my site at http://www.fup.sg, you might be one of those users that have problems on the site. This is weird because it ONLY affects some users(not all but almost 50 to 60% of the users!).
The problems the users face are:
1. NUMEROUS error page when they try to visit the site or clicking on any links (link to point 3)
2. CLICKING on any links on the main site only brings them back to index.php!
3. Some users have feedback to me and told me that the Mozilla has an error that says “The webpage loops in a ways that will never ends”
4. LONG LOADING time(my other websites on the same server doesnt experience this!)
This is a very serious problem as it’s hampering the effort to gain a larger audience!

ANOTHER Problem i face is that, my cache CANNOT be ENABLED!
After having a problem at with the cache on http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27690/,
Deleting cache.ser solves the problem, however, when i turn on the cache again, it generates the below error! It’s like taking a roundtrip over and over again if i attempt to enable the cache but have to delete the cache.ser to reset cache settings(thus the cache is off!)

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: namespace error : Failed to parse QName ‘sn:’ in /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 383
Trace:
#0 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(383): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/home/globalwh/...’, 383, Array)
#1 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(149): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadCache(’init()
#3 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(Array)
#4 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/index.php(52): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#6 {main}

I need serious help with these!! Anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fupper

i
need
help!…

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKENT

I have the infinite loop problem too 1.2.0.2. Please help, this is driving me insane.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

Don’t waste time.
Backup, delete and do a fresh install. The upgrade might have flaws, but what is sure nos is that the update process itself creates problems…

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKENT

This was a fresh install. I did the update and it did this same thing… So I deleted everything and started fresh.. it didnt work.. then it did… now it doesnt.

See more details here. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/28429/
and here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/28702/

Seems to be a running problem huh?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

1.2.0 aims at an improved cache management. Obviously everything is not perfect her.
For instance, to get layered navigation I had to enable all cache functions.
... something that you seem to have trouble doing.
You might consider trying the following:
1 - Make on your local machine a copy of the remote /var/cache/
2 - Delete all directories in the remote /var/cache/
3 - delete /app/etc/cache.ser
4 - enable all cache functions in admin / system / cache

If this does not improve things, you might consider doing the same after at step^3 also deleting /app/etc/cache/local.xml (of course after a backup, just keep the text open on your machine so that you have handy all database info)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community