Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Categories on Product Pages? 

mister

Total Posts:  42

I am using Magento to create a clothing store.  My store has many different designers that make the clothing that I sell.

Currently I have the designers setup as categories and when I create a new product for that designer, I add it to the designer’s category.  Each designer category has “No” set for “Is Anchor” and for design, I am using the two columns with left bar layout.

Everything works as expected when I browse the ‘designer’ category, but as soon as I select a specific designer from the list, all of the designer names are not present on that designer’s category.

I would like to be able to click on a designers name and see all products for that designer, but also be able to view the designer list (layered navigation) on the left so I can easily change which designer I am looking at.

What can I do to set this up correctly?

Here are some links to other Magento sites that have this working:
http://www.jbandme.com/brands/39-sixtyone
http://www.kirnazabete.com/designers/alessandra-gallo

Both of the URLs listed above have all of the designers listed on the left while browsing that designer’s products.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mister

Any suggestions anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mister

Honestly, does anyone even look at these posts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

phlux0r

Total Posts:  73
Auckland, New Zealand

In order to show the layered nav your category needs to have IsAnchor set to “Yes”

Magento Community
Magento Community

mister

I understand that, but as soon as I select a designer, all of the other designers are no longer in the left navigation because it is only looking for sub categories of the current category.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mister

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

int2k

Total Posts:  244
Bandung, Indonesia

you gonna need to modify your layer template
a vertical navigation should give you idea what to do

Magento Community
Magento Community

mister

Can you give me a little more detail?  I don’t know how to setup a vertical navigation.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community