Magento Forum

HELP - Updating CMS pages. System is adding \’s after saving

PencenAround

Total Posts:  6

I went to change the link for my about page:
<ul>
<li><a href="{{store url=""}}about-magento-demo-store">About Us</a></li>
<li class="last"><a href="{{store url=""}}customer-service">Customer Service</a></li>
</ul>

Now every time I go in to edit it I get additional \:
<ul>
<li><a href=\"{{store url=\"\"}}about-magento-demo-store\">About Us</a></li>
<li class=\"last\"><a href=\"{{store url=\"\"}}customer-service\">Customer Service</a></li>
</ul>
This is happening on every CMS page. Anyone know why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PencenAround

OK, my frustration level is now way beyond normal. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the software and database TWICE now and this problem continues.
This SHOULD BE A SIMPLE THING TO FIX RIGHT??

Every time I Save or Save and continue edit, the problem doubles and triples. Example below;

Orig text:
<ul>
<li><a href="{{store url=""}}about-magento-demo-store">About Us</a></li>
<li class="last"><a href=""{{store url=""}}customer-service">Customer Service</a></li>
</ul>

Save and Continue edit:
<ul>
<li><a href=\"{{store url=\"\"}}about-padrc\">About Us</a></li>
<li class=\"last\"><a href=\"\"{{store url=\"\"}}customer-service\">Customer Service</a></li>
</ul>

Save and Continue edit:
<ul>
<li><a href=\\\\\\\"{{store url=\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\"}}about-padrc\\\\\\\">About Us</a></li>
<li class=\\\\\\\"last\\\\\\\"><a href=\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\"{{store url=\\\\\\\"\\\\\\\"}}customer-service\\\\\\\">Customer Service</a></li>
</ul>

Spending two days trying to figure this issue out, Installing/Uninstalling, Configuring etc etc… Is telling me that this is NOT worth the time or effort to use this product.

You would think with over 600,000 downloads and so many people using this product, SUPPORT would be better. I’m ready to give it up and look for something else…

Magento ver.  1.2.0.2
Apache version 2.0.63
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 5.0.67
Operating system Linux

One VERY unhappy user....

Magento Community
Magento Community

PencenAround

OK, I took a break from this problem and cooled off a bit. I saw that there was a new version of Magento with several fixes. I decided to take another shot at this product.
I have since deleted the original install and database and started fresh with the new version. After creating the database and preforming the installation I went into the CMS area, opened and clicked on the Save and Continue button. No surprise here. The same thing is happening. Every time I click on either Save or Save and continue edit, it is adding the “\” into the text which is breaking all of the links.

This is REALLY frustrating. I currently use ZenCart and want to use Magento. No one has even given a suggestion as to what the problem could be. So, I guess the hand writing is on the wall. Why use this product if the support forum doesn’t give support.

Now a VERY unhappy Magento user,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community