Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
So until release date. 

Southpaw

Total Posts:  4

I cant use magento as my ecommerce platform in a live enviroment?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

We do not recommend using Magento in its current beta release. A production release is expected by the end of March.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tunersedge

Total Posts:  16

So, we only have about 3 weeks until the end of Q1. Are we still on track for a 1.0 release by March 31st? On what day should we expect to see the release candidate?

Looking forward to the launch date!

Aaron & Tim
Tuner’s Edge
www.tunersedge.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

LezZ

Total Posts:  1

Looking forward to the final release!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tfittsy

Total Posts:  12

I’m looking forward to a release candidate as much as anybody, but do you really think you’re going to have your final version ready in two weeks?  Are you planning on issuing a release candidate or two before you go final?  I’m sure there will be additional fixes after you release the ‘final’ version but I think most people would prefer that you minimize bugs and finalize your platform instead of rushing to get final code released in March.

If you still think you’re on track that’s great, but the time frame for both a release candidate and the final version is getting very compressed.

Of course, I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

assoman

Total Posts:  41
Roma

For me too, i don’t belive that varien can give us a functional release for the end of march !!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

They’ll do for sure, imho. Even if it won’t be a totally bug-free application, we’ll have at least a stable and upgradable version avaiable for production.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

cibernoid - 18 March 2008 03:47 AM

They’ll do for sure, imho. Even if it won’t be a totally bug-free application, we’ll have at least a stable and upgradable version avaiable for production.

I just hope it’s not stable, upgradeable, and slow as a turtle.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

I think it will be released in a more or less final structure, ie we can start adding products, categories, without worries about major changes in that area, yes like any software there will be some minor issues here and there, but I think this 1.0 will be sort of a stable launch point from which to work, then they will have modoular ‘bug fixes’ etc which hopefully will not affect the database.  If that makes sense?

Magento Community
Magento Community

UltraFlux

Total Posts:  38

Well I hope 1.0 is out by the end of March… however we still haven’t seen 0.9 yet which worries me a little and its March 19th.

~G

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

Yeah, I am also kind of doubting we will see 1.0 by 3/31

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

grin ...check out the latest BETA released today!! lots of performance improvements from the updates and the focus seems to be correct. I guess Magento is on track for version 1.0. Anyway am yet to check out the latest BETA..doing it right away

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

This beta takes care of the slow as a turtle remark. The load speed are considerably better than before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MKBRKB

Total Posts:  4

I want this to work but,

.... help if paid / don’t help if not / edit the forum hints (delete the important ones or intercept through email) style of some open source based apps is killing me.
I’ll pay for help… not to get in line for a possibility of help.(i just lost 4K today ‘gambling on magneto’)

I’m sure it is going to be a great service to those who are not programmers. For those who are, or try to be, we will have little to go on to resolve problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

myel

Total Posts:  3

Hello Magento-Team,

is the 31rd of March still set as the release date for 1.0 stable?

I’m asking because i have to make the decision which ecommerce solution my employer will use for his next project.

If Magento will still be in beta, i have to look for alternatives or stick to xtcommerce :(.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

MKBRKB - 19 March 2008 09:37 PM

I want this to work but,

.... help if paid / don’t help if not / edit the forum hints (delete the important ones or intercept through email) style of some open source based apps is killing me.
I’ll pay for help… not to get in line for a possibility of help.(i just lost 4K today ‘gambling on magneto’)

I’m sure it is going to be a great service to those who are not programmers. For those who are, or try to be, we will have little to go on to resolve problems.

How did you lose 4K on Magento?  Were you trying to use it in a live environment?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2