Magento Forum

Magento Connect Manager doenst load after login, It load old version of the file after upgrade

xaviandre

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I have a problem with Magento Connect Manager. I upgraded my version from 1.6.2 to 1.7. It works perfectly, but when I try to install an extension from magento connect, I cant.

I go to system, Magento Connect, Magento connect manager. Then I log in to magento connect, and I have the following:

Mac OS X  2��ATTR��X�Xcom.apple.quarantineq/0001;4fabe10e;Google\x20Chrome;D30B167B-7520-4A4B-BB90-173681AAF80E|com.google.ChromeMac OS X  2��ATTR��X�Xcom.apple.quarantineq/0001;4fabe10e;Google\x20Chrome;D30B167B-7520-4A4B-BB90-173681AAF80E|com.google.ChromeMac OS X  2��ATTR��X�Xcom.apple.quarantineq/0001;4fabe10e;Google\x20Chrome;D30B167B-7520-4A4B-BB90-173681AAF80E|com.google.ChromeMac OS X  2��ATTR��X�Xcom.apple.quarantineq/0001;4fabe10e;Google\x20Chrome;D30B167B-7520-4A4B-BB90-173681AAF80E|com.google.ChromeMac OS X  2��ATTR��X�Xcom.apple.quarantineq/0001;4fabe10e;Google\x20Chrome;D30B167B-7520-4A4B-BB90-173681AAF80E|com.google.ChromeMac OS X  2��ATTR��X�Xcom.apple.quarantineq/0001;4fabe10e;Google\x20Chrome;D30B167B-7520-4A4B-BB90-173681AAF80E|com.google.Chrome

I know that the page show this when we try to load the old version file of magento. and I think this is the problem, When I log in to magento connect in my backend admin, the link redirect to the old version of the magento file, and not load the new version.

Please help me fix this issue, I need to install something of magento connect.

Thanks for the attention

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xaviandre

Hi again

I see the error log, and this show:

Cannot redeclare class Mage_Connect_Command_Package in MYDOMAIN/public_html/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command/Package.php on line 204.

And when I see the file, only I see this in the line 204:  }

I dont know how to fix this, please help me

Magento Community
Magento Community

xaviandre

I was able to find the solution to this problem.

Assuming you’re able to SSH into your server, do the following:

1. cd [Magento install folder]/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command
which in your case would be
cd /home/webolutionary/public/dandm.webolutionaries.com/repo/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command

2. As a stop-gap, check to make sure the problem files do exist by running this command:
ls ._*
You should see a list of files like this:
._Channels_Header.php ._Channels.php ._Config_Header.php ._Config.php ._Install_Header.php ._Install.php ._Package_Header.php ._Package.php ._Registry_Header.php ._Registry.php ._Remote_Header.php

These files are duplicates which have the strange characters in them. If you run “grep ‘com.apple.quarantine’ ._*” (which searches the file contents for the quoted string), you will probably see these files listed.

3. Delete these bad files:
rm ._*

4. Logout as you’re done. You should be able to login to Magento Connect.

ISSUE SOLVED

Magento Community
Magento Community

xcluciv

Total Posts:  4

xaviandre - 02 June 2012 10:15 PM

I was able to find the solution to this problem.

Assuming you’re able to SSH into your server, do the following:

1. cd [Magento install folder]/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command
which in your case would be
cd /home/webolutionary/public/dandm.webolutionaries.com/repo/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command

2. As a stop-gap, check to make sure the problem files do exist by running this command:
ls ._*
You should see a list of files like this:
._Channels_Header.php ._Channels.php ._Config_Header.php ._Config.php ._Install_Header.php ._Install.php ._Package_Header.php ._Package.php ._Registry_Header.php ._Registry.php ._Remote_Header.php

These files are duplicates which have the strange characters in them. If you run “grep ‘com.apple.quarantine’ ._*” (which searches the file contents for the quoted string), you will probably see these files listed.

3. Delete these bad files:
rm ._*

4. Logout as you’re done. You should be able to login to Magento Connect.

ISSUE SOLVED

This was a great help!!  I simply went to: downloader-->lib-->MageC-->connect-->Command and deleted all the duplicate files that started with “._”.  After doing this my Magento Connect started working perfectly.

Thank you for the post!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haman03

Total Posts:  1

I agree with of your post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Groupofdots

Total Posts:  1