Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Review security, verify if review content has links in it. 

bones_ct

Total Posts:  12

Hello. I have a spam problem on my magento hack. Some guy from china is flooding my site with spam comments on my products. The comments must be validated by me on the backend so no problem, but i must filter them every single day , 100+ spams and 1 or 2 actual comments. So i tried a javascript validation for the comment form but that is easy to skip by using a simple firebug in your browser. So i went deeper in the magento code and found “ProductController.php” , the file that has the save() function for the comments.

What i want to do is make a validation there for the comment, just before the save function, but i don’t know how to get the comment buddy so i can filter any kind of spam from it.

Posibly a method is using captcha, but i run magento 1.5 and i think captcha will discourage customers from commenting even more.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

niro
Mentor

Total Posts:  1609
Latvia, Riga

If those spam messages leaves bots - try to use this free module http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/et-review-notify.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

bones_ct

Total Posts:  12

Thank you for your sugestion. I will try that exstension but i still want to find a way to create a code that does the filtering. I had bad experience with some extensions and that’s why i try to personaly code as an alternative to them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community