Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Order Statuses - Defines, Add New etc.. 

peterw83

Total Posts:  44

I don’t see where I can control the order statuses in the admin.

It would be nice to have configurable statuses, to add new ones and change the names.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

Yes, I rely heavily on this in my current (osC) store. in my case, I use it to split out shipment batches (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) since we havespecific needs (live plants).

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

Not quite sure what this post originally meant, but I’d like to add a little suggestion in terms of the Order Statuses.. Rather than have a drop-down, perhaps a button to change the status would be more efficient in terms of processing, less clicks and movements and more streamlined. Nothing big, but just a very small UI suggestion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

If you have a button for each status, this might be fine if you have 4 statuses. But this would be unnecessary for some, who might have 10 statuses. This is why M is flexible enough for you to customize this as an option, given you know how. I don’t know how off-hand, but I do know it’s possible.

Regarding updating of statuses, I believe that you can only do this by editing the database directly. Not sure though if it’s been added in the latest version.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community