Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
How many products can Magento handle ?

Andycarter04

Total Posts:  6

In general Magento handles great amounts of products and I came across the stores with 100 000 products and more.

Monty
iLoveMage

Get 25% discount on all our Magento Extensions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

Another thing to consider with large catalogs is the number of attributes/attribute sets and especially store views that share products.

Store views can multiply the amount of records in the database and make indexing a nightmare for slower servers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashwani295

Total Posts:  13
Noida

Magento can handle unlimited products but all depends on type of your server and database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bubbaboosh

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

To my knowledge, with all the sites I have worked on, Magento has no limit. The limit will be the server capacity, you can look at CDN’s like cacheFly etc. that will help speed things up, but you are probably going to want a VPS with some beefy RAM. Separating the DB is a good option also. There a loads of tuts and info on how to speed Magento out there, but contact your web dev team - they should be able to help.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diyakapoor

Total Posts:  6
India

One of my friends is having more than 2,00,000 products in his Magento website. And I believe that there is no limit to it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

creatviec123

Total Posts:  3
India

In my opinion i thinks its 24000 product can handle by magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

rohansh89

Total Posts:  16

I think it can handle millions of product and category as par my experience

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

satish - 12 January 2011 10:45 AM

Few of our clients have 10K products and page executes in less then 1 sec( execution time).

Just You need to make sure that your hosting environment is good enough and configured for Magento.

Satish

Hello,

Here are the series of articles from our company intended for performance increasing of the Magento based stores:
Recommended Magento Server Configuration;
Magento Software Requirements;
Speed up Magento 2 times in 3 simple steps;
Using APC to speed up Magento.

Monitor your magento store traffic load page by page with a help of AITOC Server Load Monitor.

You can speed up the performance of your Magento with AITOC Magento Booster. With this extension, your customers will enjoy higher Magento performance, and you will benefit from lower server load and higher conversion rate.

We recommend to purchase well known solutions from trusted hosting providers:
Simplehelix
Nexcess

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rkmisenas

Total Posts:  1

Can magento handle a million products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magazento

Total Posts:  155
Russia,Volgograd

As much as you need, depends on your skils
read this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/whitepaper/

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

That is probably one of the most open statements we’ve come across in a while. Can Magento handle 1million products, yes, can the average setup do it, no. When you have high numbers of products, many stores, too many tiered pricing, too many configurables/bundles, Magento starts to slow to a crawl. You hosting costs then go through the roof and you are running on $1,000s per month clusters, but then if you want 1million products you should, in theory, be able to afford it. It can be done on CE or EE, but only a handful will have any idea how to combine all the pieces (you have to exactly balance technology with business processes) to make the setup usable, most of the time it will be teams working on it so no one individual will know the complete end to end sequence, we have only come across two individuals in the years who have all the knowledge, and one of them designed the hosting architecture that we get to run on.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6