Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Product Rental Module or support

littlebluegiant

Total Posts:  1

I am looking for an experienced Magento Developer to create a Product Rental Module for me.

I will be using Magento Community Edition and will need the following user scenario met:

Front-End Customers will browse products and on the product detail page, will choose to rent the product.  The product page will display the product options, then rental duration, and then “Add TO Cart.”

From the admin panel, the site admin must be able to create rental periods such as 1 day, 3 day, weekly, monthly.  Each product will have a different price for each rental period. 

The front-end customer will be able to choose the product X option X date to see availability and submit the rental using a datepicker. 

The transaction charge will be the rental amount total and the admin must be able to update the inventory per product, per option, when items are sent back to the office.

I can provide details as I have already specked this out.  Please contact me with questions for further details along with a rough quote.

Is this possible with Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

We specialize in Magento custom development. Contact us today for a free estimate of your Magento project.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SalesIgniter

Total Posts:  8

We have all of these features available in our new Magento rental module extension, check my signature for full details thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Use the following extension that offers the required functionality;

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/bookings-reservations.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community